Thursday 9 October 2014

Stitch in the ditch aka rut

Passionate about something
.
.
Build a business around your passion
.
.
The business of keeping the business floating leaves you with no time for your passion
.
.
 And before long, you are stuck in a rut !

Happens.

So I decide to get myself out of the rut I find myself in, inch by inch. Want to try out something new every day. Or at least every other day. Something tiny maybe, but something that I haven't done before or have been wanting to try for a long time. Something that won't demand huge chunks of my time. Or attention. So, kicking off PROJECT GOOTR (Get Out Of The Rut).. !

GOOTR Project #1 - Brocade clutches



Wanted to try those handles. Perfect project for the handles, but not a small enough project. I need to choose wisely :-).


GOOTR Project #2 - Fabric coil basket.







A quick, easy and satisfying project. A few friends have asked for a tute, so I see more baskets in the near future.


GOOTR Project #3 - Lines & Love







Always been fascinated with optical illusions and wanted to try my hand at a simple one. Also wanted to try this sort of binding for the longest of time. Not very happy with either. Oh well, another GOOTR project for another day :-)


 Happy GOOTRing everyone !



 

No comments:

Post a Comment