Saturday 29 October 2011

Oops, I did it again !

First the background...Well, here's the fabric for the quilt that was conceived in a flash of inspiration on a lovely rainy day. Love the colours. So I go ahead full steam, cutting and piecing. Love the colours so much I wanna take a pic even before pressing..

And then again AFTER pressing ..

..and THEN I measure the finished pieced blocks and they are a full 1/2" smaller than they are supposed to be!! So now I have half the blocks that finish at 10" and half that finish at 9.5" :-(. Disaster!

So what do I do, what do I do? I make myself a nice cup of ginger tea, abandon the blocks and instead fashion a festoon for my bookshelf out of the scraps and selvages to cheer me up :-). (I'd probably have done that anyway, coz I just LOVE the colours and can't bear to throw any bit away.  But then, I already told you that!)


Cheer up, all you folks !!  :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment